My Lovely Friends

Monday 7 February 2011

Look at me I've learnt something new.....yayyyyhayyyyy.....

Edited To Add; I totally forgot to post this on my own blog DOH!! So excuse it saying good morning unless you feel like another Monday then we could pretend he hee.....but I'm thinking you dont want to do that one lol.
Well good morning peeps its Vicky here....are you feeling bright eyed & bushy tailed after a nice restful weekend? No......neither am I I had an eventful 1 to say the least, well you know that Tracey Payne well it all started when she passed her 'Bad Luck' onto me.....yes thats right she did you know. My pipe burst on my radiator saturday morning in the passage way, now remember I have a disabled daughter so its a big bungalow I live in.......well everywhere in the passage was flooded....its now been fixed of course. The only thing is I have wooden flooring all the way thru & we laid it just after the bungalow was built before we moved in.....so we did it all the way through with no joins at the door ways so it would be easier with the wheelchair.... Unfortunately the water has seeped everywhere so far it could be the whole of the bungalow that needs re-doing.....cus they dont do the same flooring anymore arrrgggghhhh!!!!! Think I will be calling mr insurance guy.........so Tracey just for you sweetie you can now have a chuckle lol.
Anyway today Teresa will be announcing when the new stamps on being released in store unless that is you were lucky enough to go the show......sadly I wasn't :0( so keep checking the store today.
Today I have learnt something new.....dont you love learning new things. I love digi images & I mean love them they are just soooo versatile in so many ways. Well I thought I would combine 2 digi images together to form a scene. I brought an image from here to go with the image I already had from here & went along to the fabulously talented Vix & followed her tutorial on how to do it.....let me tell you if I can follow it anyone can, I'm not the brightest quid in the shopping trolley!!!
Here is the beautiful 'Dusk' from Crafts & Me.

This is the close-up


Of course its an easel card which is just my fave type of card. This is the inside which I decorated & theres room to write your message

The image was coloured with Copics & Promarkers. The sky I did with chalks but it doesn't show up too good on this piccy I'm afraid.
The papers are Prima & you can get them & the flowers from here. The gorgeous crush ribbon you can get here.
Well thats it from me dont forget the 'Red' challenge we have running over here.
Hope you have liked my card peeps.
P.S. For the messages & e-mails about my stamp collection I'm glad I didnt show all of them but can I just say I would love to share & let peeps borrow them if I lived close to any of you as I dont know anyone who crafts who lives near me.....awwww isnt that sad lol. Hubby has spoilt me since I started this but there is a reason. I have NEVER had a hobby when people have wanted to buy me things I wouold always ask for things for the home or money which I could then spend on Craig & the kids lol. I got excited when I got new washer or hoover for crimbo or a new microwave lol.....my nan said it would insult most women.....I loved it. Anyway this has gone on for over 20 years so last year towards the end of march when I found out about Promarkers & stamps.....well hubby was overjoyed as it meant finally he could buy things for me & that now I could have time for me instead of running around after everyone else......I enjoyed doing that I still do but I now have something for me. I just have the sweetest hubby lol & I am extremely lucky. I'm enjoying it while it lasts pmsl.....only joking..... but thats why I have sooo much in sooo little time & cus of that I think its nice if I share it sometimes with all my fabby blogging friends cus you all rock!!!!
Take care & enjoy the rest of your day.............it will soon be the weekend lol.
Tatty Bye peeps, huggles
Vicky xxx
Edited to add......The link for merging digi images is now in the crafters tutorials link at the top of my blog if you fancy giving it a go......it really is fab!!!
Entering this into....
http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/ - 2 images






29 comments:

Fleur said...

Sorry ti hear aout your flood Vicky ~ I hope things get orted real quickly.
Your card is truly beautiful. So pretty
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lindsey said...

You are so clever! I can barely print off a digi let alone do all that hocus pocus stuff! Gorgeous gorgeous card hun!
What a bummer about that pipe. I hope you get it sorted soon.
hugs
Linds x

Dragonlady said...

This is so clever I love it. Must check out thetutorial and have a go. Thanks fo rth etip.

Hugs Ali x

Heidi said...

This is so beautiful Vicky!
Adorable image:) And your colouring is fantastic as always.
Gorgeous card sweetie.
Hugs, Heidi:)

angelwhispers said...

My god I wish I could print the images like this its awesome!!!! What a fabtastic card just love the images and the colours so perfect!!

Sorry to hear you have poor Tracys luck at the moment I do hope the insurance are quick with the new floor!!!

Fabulous idea for the stamps Vicky may have to sort mine out!! Love Chanelle xxxx

Sorry forgot to mention I luv your Hanglar card its so gorgeous and I'm loving the colours xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Vicky,just love the image and yout fab colouring.xxx

Lorraine said...

omg i can't believe the pipe burst well i can i mean its not something good to lie about is it lol i am just so gutted for you,I also love your card combining images together this is absolutely gorgeous i think i have done it once following a tutorial on the Make it crafty blog i love Zoe's work she has alot of talent.
I think the images you chose work beautifully together and omg the bow is lush,Hope your ok
hugs
Lorraine xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Thats fantastic & brilliant idea....dont think i could ever do it!! Anyhoo stunning card sweetie, just perfect in everyway :o)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck and hope it all get sorted very soon!!
hugs and xxx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Stunning card hun,
love the beautiful papers and your wonderful coloring
thanks for seeing me today.
lots of love
claudia

Janine - Ellabella said...

Absolutely fabulous Vicky!!! Your colouring is out of this world and the layout and use of the papers is fantastic. Terrific creation!!!
Janine

Julye said...

I so know what you mean about best laid plans, we too have wood floor and upstairs no joins to make it easier for my son who is also mobility challenged due to cerebral palsy, and when we had a burst in the kitchen cieling it was a nightmare as to get to the pipes we had to go from upstairs so it all had to be taken up and of course I'd laid it length ways so had to take up several rooms , man it was like one huge jigsaw, I ended up writing numbers on every piece, so really don't envy you and hope mr insurance is understanding.

Rach said...

oh hun what a nightmare about your flooring.. :(

I love your card babe, so pretty and beautifully coloured. love the fold in her dress, I always have problems with folds .
Well done on learning to combine two or more images.. you have chosen two very complimentry images that work brilliantly together..
hope that your week improves babe.. hugs RAch xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

she is gorgeous vicky also your card.
what beautiful colors and coloring.

greetings karin

coops said...

stunning card vicky.the image is adorable and i love your beautiful colouring and details :D

xx coops xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi hunni. I hope you will not have to wait long for your flooring to be sorted out. Your card is gorgeous once again. I adore your image and colouring and your papers are to die for.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cardmaking bird said...

Oh no!! Sooooooo sorry to hear about your flood - it must be a nightmare with the flooring all run on. I'm pleased to see that you've dealt with it with your usual wonderful attitude! You really are an inspiration.
Wonderful card btw - I'll definitely be looking up that tutorial cos I've never been able to work out how to combine images.
That's hilarious that you ask for things for the home - if anyone ever buys my mum anything like that she goes mad and says it's not a present for her, it's for everyone cos she's not the only one that lives there, but since I've lived in my flat, I've often asked for curtains, carpet, etc - but then it's only me and my son.
I wished I lived closer to you - I haven't got any crafty friends nearby either, which is probably why I love all my blogland crafty buddies so much!!
Hugs, Marie xxx

Linda said...

Hi Vicky. I would like to give you an awars for having this great blog, so please come to my blog and grab it. Hugs Linda

Linda said...

I meant award. Linda

Meesh said...

Hiya Vicky! Eeeeek! It's me again! Gorgeous card... as usual... Yawn... LOL! Brilliant job with the merging! It's easy once you know how, eh?!

Yay! You got the pipe fixed! Booooo, it's ruined all your flooring... what a sh***er!

I bet I don't live far from you, ya know... email me at meeshka69@hotmail.com ;)

Thanks for commenting on my cards, love. You know I love it when you do! :D

Take care, spadge...

Hugs and stuff! Meesh. XXX

sallysbitz2 said...

This is sooo stunning.
As a rule I am not into fairies, but this is gorgeous. You have combined two images well.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

cebelica said...

Fab card hun! I love the image and your coloring is perfect. I really like how you decorated the inside of the card as well. Great job!

I'm sorry to hear about the flood. :( I hope everything will get sorted out in no time!

Awww, I wish I lived closer to you! I don't have anybody who would do crafting near me either. :( I often wish I could gather some of my crafting pals (mind you, they/you are from all over the world, so that's not really a chance, unfortunately) and we'd have a fun crafting weekend party. Wouldn't that be great?! I am allowed to dream, right? ;)

I wish you a fab day!
Hugs!

Poppet said...

STUNNING Vicky. Hope you get everything sorted. :-) xx

Juls said...

wow!!! this is just stunningly beautiful!!! Hugs Juls

kaos said...

Hey hun
That's a great card - love the little scene!

hugs
kaos

kaylou said...

Awww Hun this looks amazing, the images are gorgeous and with your colouring as well it's just perfect.....Nice one Chick.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Wow! What gorgeous coloring!

thanks for sharing your creation with us at paper Sundaes this week!

Lisa

Crystal said...

Beautiful card, sorry to hear about your pipes bursting doesn't sound like much fun! Thanks so much for the link on merging digi images I've been trying to figure it out so I'll check out the link for sure! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Alica said...

Wonderful! Love these 2 images together! Amazing coloring too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Shana said...

Vicky your card is gorgeous! So sorry about your flood and flooring! Some of my favorite gifts have been a breadmaker,my Kitchaid stand mixer, blinds for the windows, and hallway flooring! Nice to indulge in some markers and stamps for myself. Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!