My Lovely Friends

Saturday 19 February 2011

Sweet Stampin' DT Card............Red, White & Blue


Good morning all you lovelies hope you are all fit & well for those that aren't I'm sending Get Well wishes & hugs to you. Thankyou to everyone who left me messages & e-mails regarding my hospital visit. I am back home now feeling rather groggy from the sedation but never mind. My test for my bowel came back clear & altho I still have to suffer constant pain every day while they investigate my kidneys & abdomen my bowel has nothing sinister going on......the tiny cancer growths stayed away woo hoo. It kinda puts things into prospective really lol....I'm not one to moan about illnesses & stuff anyway I look at what other people go through & just thank my lucky stars.
Anyway its been such an hectic week I have managed to do all my DT work....well just about lol altho I've had no time to just play for me but hopefully once I've caught up with all your lovely blogs then I will play. In between sorting my craft room lol.
Right onto my post which is for the new challenge at Sweet Stampin this week. It is of course Team Fluff's turn to inspire you this week & we have a colour theme........
Red, White & Blue
Now I have to admit this colour threw me a little, I will work with any colours from pastel to bold, from dark to light & even mono & sepia, but I've never used these 3 colours together so to top it off I did a male card as well.......yeah push them boundaries lol.

Of course you will know who this guy is....he is 'Huge Hero' from Kenny K. I've had this image so long & not used him so when I saw what this weeks challenge was he was the natural choice for me.

My mojo really had done a fly away when I did this so plzzzzzzz excuse the colouring. He is coloured with Promarkers.....I think & the shading on the blue was done with Prisma!!! Sedation has made my brain like cotton wool....ye I know it was like that before!!

The stars I made myself then added letters cut out using my Tim Holtz die to spell 'DAD'. The card was also made for Cards For Men who want 2 paper - check, 1 image - check & 3 embellishments - check. I've made the 3 stars as my embellishments.

The papers are from Bearly Mine Volume 3 CD & the striped ribbon is from my stash & I cant remember where it was originally from........now I've sorted my ribbons into better storage I can see what I've got & I didnt realise all what I had lol.....dontcha just love it when that happens lol.

Inside is decorated to compliment the front altho in hind-sight maybe I should of used the same shape for the inner panel on the front but never mind its done now.
Really looking forward to seeing your creations this week so we hope you can all join us. Please pop over to the challenge blog & look at what my other teamies have created, they are an incredibly talented bunch you know & they would love to see you.
Well this is a scheduled post, it is really 01.39am & I'm now going to go to bed, poor hubby is waiting for me & nodding off next to me on the sofa.....why dont men like to go bed on their own lol....he will only go bed when I go lol. Bless him!!
Well I will say tatty bye for now I will be back with my CES DT card in a bit. So all of you take care & keep on smiling. Thank you soooo much for popping in to see me I know how busy you all are so I certainly understand if you dont have time to leave me a comment......that darn thing called life does like to get in the way lol.....just joking!!!
Huge hugs to you all mmwah
Loves ya.........
Challenges I'm Entering......



20 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Hi hon, so glad all went well at the hospital & you have the all clear for this bit, although I hope they find out soon what IS causing the problems for you. Your card is fabby my lovely, even if you're out of your comfort zone!! Take care petal, hugs to you xxx

angelwhispers said...

Well thats the main one behind you now!! so you can relax a little even though you are still in so much pain and they will hopefully find the cause!!!! Everything is crossed that it will be sooner rather than later!!! xx

Love the card the image is brill and I love the colouring while your brain is all fuzzy mines always like that!!

Must be a man thing about going to bed!!!! Mines the same but then I have to try a wake him when I'm ready and thats a right pain!!!!

Have a great weekend Vicky
Lots of Love & Hugs Chanelle xxx

Doreen said...

Ooh this is fabulous Vicky. I am so glad your tests came back ok, lets hope whatever it is will not be sinister,and can be sorted.

My hubby won't go to bed without me either!!ahh love em.xxx

Nannieflash said...

Wow fabulous card for the male of the species, love the papers and the image. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Jo said...

Glad to hear you got the all clear, I hope you get answers soon and a relief from the pain (((hugs)))
Your card is totally brilliant and awesome, and your colouring is superb!
you've really rocked the red white and blue theme *claps*
Have a lovely weekend xx

Meesh said...

Morning Sweetie!
I'm here... AT LAST! LOL!
I didn't know you'd been in pain :( Hope they find out SOON what's causing the trouble and sort it out, lovey! I can't have me best blogging buddy being all poorly and that, can I?!
Right... I'm just LOVING your card, missus! Your colouring just keeps getting betterer and betterer! The layout is brill and those stars are genius... perfect for the lettering :)

Hope you're feeling better soon, hunny!

BIG HUGE MASSIVE HUGS!

Meesh. XXX

Faye said...

Oh sugar, I cannot believe you are not happy with your colouring, because I think it looks FANTASTIC, as always. I also happen to love this card, I think it's a great male card. And you are awesome. Have a good weekend my little sticky toffee pudding. xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi hunni. Fantastic news about the bowel results. So sorry you are still in pain though. Fabulous card and your layout is just as super for a male card as your female ones. My hubby will not go to bed without me either. It is annoying at times if I am watching something on tele he is not interested in. I feel guilty.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a super guy [ lol ], great card vicky.

greetings karin

Julye said...

Fab card and good to know all went ell at the hospital too, fingers crossed they sort you out soon but nothing is fast in the nhs is it and I have experienced both sides as I use to be a paediatric ward sister.

cebelica said...

Yay for the super dads! ;) Great job on the card! :D

Loopylou. said...

yey for nothing yukky hun but sorry you are still in pain :( . fabby card too hun hugs lou xxx

coops said...

fantastic male card vicky.love the fab super hero image and the stars and papers are brilliant. :D

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

I love this card its so fun to look at and the way you have coloured him is perfection xxx

tiggertastic said...

wow this is amazing, excellent image and colours

sarah x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Hiya sweetie
Glad your test came back normal *fingers crossed* they get to the bottom of why you are in so much pain!!
Awesome card and fabbie colours :o)
sending comforting (((((hugs))))) and xxx

Heidi said...

I'm so glad it went well for you at the hospital Vicky. But I really hope that they will find out what is causing the problem.
Your card is so cool! And your colouring is fantastic.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Aunty Sue said...

what a super card and thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week

Fiona said...

Vicky your cards ar amazing...this is another fab one...love the papers, they go so well with that super hero!!

Fi
x

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Vicky your cards are beautiful